Want more Thailand travel tips?
Other Good Stuff
2013 was my first full year of blogging on Paper Planes. Looking at my most widely read posts, it’s clear that people are always looking for more travel money, packing tips and what to do in Thailand.
In fact, this year Bangkok surpassed London as the most visited city in the world and pushed it’s way into not one, but two, of the most Instagrammed spots in the world with Siam Paragon shopping mall (#1) and Suvarnabhumi International Airport (#9). People love Thailand, and there’s a lot of information on this site for what to do, what to avoid, and how to (try to) understand certain aspects of Thai culture from both a traveler and expat perspective.
Thanks for reading.
Top 10 Most Read Posts of 2013
1. How Much Does it Cost to Live in Thailand– A breakdown (look for an updated post soon!) of my personal expenses living in Thailand, how I save, and what I splurge on (mainly cheese).
2. 10 Random Things I always Travel With – From baby powder to a Swiss Army knife, these are the random things I always have on hand.
3. 7 Ways to Save Money While Traveling in Thailand – Thailand is an affordable place to live and travel (Note: that does not mean that everything is dirt cheap!), but there still are ways to cut corners and make your money go further.
4. Dating in a Foreign Language – Yes, I’m still struggling through speaking Thai, getting stared at going out to dinner with a Thai man and (occasionally) eating bugs.
5. I’m Going Home…and I’m Scared – I visited home for several months over the summer and was a little apprehensive.
6. 50 FREE Things To Do In Chiang Mai – Coming to Chiang Mai? You need to read this!
7. 5 Tips for Expat Living – Five things I’ve found helpful while living abroad. Would you agree?
8. Surprising Money Sucks in Thailand – Compared to other Southeast Asia countries, beer is actually quite pricey here…
9. Thailand, I Still Don’t Get You – Yep. I don’t. And when you see the first image in this post you’ll understand why.
10. 10 Travel Packing Tips for Women – Baby powder (again! it’s like magic!), coconut oil and black leggings.
And 5 You May Have Missed…
They don’t include travel tricks to save money , but I still think these five posts are pretty darn interesting…
Two Weeks in America – After being outside of North America for more than a year, I noticed strange things going back.
Living in a Buddhist Country – I never realized how Christian the U.S. is until living in Thailand.
Book It: Travel Book Wish List – Read these!
5 Boutique Bangkok Hotels – I’m checking off my list of cool boutique hotels whiner I stay in Bangkok.
The Day to Day – Noticing the little things.
(Also – last month I started a new guest post series highlighting day to day life around the world. If you’re an expat – or at least staying in one area for more than a couple months – and want to share a post like this, this and this, shoot me an email at thepaperplanesblog @ gmail . com