I’ve always been fascinated by other cultures, places, traditions, languages and people. I love piecing a new place together, appreciating what makes it special and seeing how different people live their lives. I also don’t have the slightest clue of where I want to be or what I want to be doing, so am using this time to figure that out through continually traveling and living abroad.
For the past three years, Chiang Mai, Thailand has been home and the place where I have lived on my own for the first time, learned to ride a motorbike, taught English, began freelancing, made some incredible (and interesting…) relationships, soaked up the sun and explored Southeast Asia from. I love it…but other places are always calling my name…
About Paper Planes
Paper Planes is a travel lifestyle blog looking at the daily life of a place – what the people, eat, drink, do, wear. I don’t post extensive guides on what to do where, but share tips, stories, places or activities — things that I would recommend to friends with a focus on expat living.
Please contact me before using any information or photos from Paper Planes. Learn how to contact me here.
New here? Where to start
Want to know about me, my travels and which posts you should read first? Start with the posts below to get a better idea of what’s going on here:
- Why hello… How it all began. Sort of.
- Why I’m Not Going Home Yet Apparently, I like to start titles with ‘Why’.
- The Day to Day This is what I want to remember.
- I’m Going Home and I’m Scared Don’t worry, I got over it
- 10 Random Things I ALWAYS Travel With Except when I forget…
- 5 Tips for Expat Living Moving abroad? Keep these things in mind.
- How Much Does it Cost to Live in Thailand? Answer: not much.
- Going Against the Status Quo: Dating in Thailand Yep, I have a Thai boyfriend.
- Dating in a Foreign Language Can be difficult…
- Living in a Buddhist Country Is often really beautiful.
- What to Pack When You’re Moving to Southeast Asia Basically shoes. And cheese if you can.
- Surprising Money Sucks in Thailand It’s cheap, but some things still suck up your cash.
- What You Don’t Know About Thailand Like, that prostitution is illegal.
- 7 Ways to Save Money Traveling in Thailand Random little tricks I’ve picked up along the way.
- Thailand, I Still Don’t Get You Two years and this is still true
- 50 FREE Things To Do in Chiang Mai If you’re visiting Chiang Mai, you really just have to read this
- Three Different Day Trips from Chiang Mai Go rent a motorbike! Now!
- Finding an Apartment in Chiang Mai Interested in staying longer in Chiang Mai? Here’s what you need to know
- Chiang Mai Market Guide Part I, II and III There are a lot of them.
- Chiang Mai’s Dirty Little Secret Sad, but true.
*Top photo by: Kimberly Bryant